SC&T Common Tunes
End of Term Concerts usually finish with a stramash where everyone can join in. The SC&T Common Tunes provide the repertoire for the stramash.
If you are familiar with ABC notation and need the ABC code for all the tunes then SCaT Common Tunes.txt file has these. It can be saved with a '.abc' file extension if required by the ABC editor.
Spring 2020: this terms tunes have been provided by Helen Lynch & Laura Harrington. The song this term is "Pad the Road". Thanks to Pete Saunders for playing on, and making, the recordings of the tunes.
1. "Marion MacLean of Eoligarry" (3/4 air by Colin Melville)
2. "The Big Mac Set" [Comprising: "The Braes of Lochiel" (6/8 pipe march/air by Donald McLeod), "Rory MacLeod" (6/8 jig by Donald MacLeod) & "Mrs Macleod of Raasay (4/4 reel, Traditional)
3. "Pad the Road" arranged by Janice Clark.
Set 1: Castle Dangerous (3/4 retreat march by James Haugh) & Miss Sally Hunter of Thurston (6/8 jig by Nathaniel Gow)
Set 2: Cooper's Hornpipe (4/4 hornpipe, traditional) & Maxwell's Rant (4/4 march, traditional)
Song: Duncan Gray (Song)
1) March- Strathspey and Reel: Miss E.C. Dickson’s March (in D) by Karen Steven; The Duke of Gordon’s Birthday (in G), William Marshall, and Claire’s Trip to Whangerei (in A) by Frances Wilkins
2) Lynne Houston’s Waltz by Robbie Leask (in A) and Wilderness Brae by Carol Anderson (in D). Hope they’re useful.
3) The Smuggler, song by The McCalmans