Taking place in the heart of Aberdeen, the SC&T Youth Camp is a multifaceted and immersive experience that is made up of three distinct parts, each tailored to meet the needs and interests of the various age groups and skill levels:
- Designed for participants aged 6-8.
- Focused on Scots song, penny whistle, rhythm, and musical games.
- An introductory and playful musical experience for the youngest enthusiasts.
- Open to individuals aged 9-18.
- Offers a comprehensive 5-day programme with a wide range of classes.
- Classes include beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels in fiddle, Scots and Gaelic song, guitar, rhythm, penny whistle, clarsach, piano, and chanter/pipes.
- Free provision of penny whistles and drumsticks.
- Free use of instruments from the SC&T instrument bank.
- Available for young people aged 11-18.
- Whilst attending the main Youth Camp, participants have the option to stay residentially at Hillhead Halls of Residence for a set fee.
- Provides a unique opportunity for an immersive experience and extended engagement with their peers.
These three components collectively contribute to making the SC&T Youth Camp a diverse and inclusive event, accommodating different age groups and skill levels. The camp not only focuses on musical education but also places a strong emphasis on fostering friendships, building a sense of community, and celebrating our unique Scottish traditional music heritage. The combination of the Mini Camp, Main Camp, and Residential Option creates a well-rounded and memorable experience for all, making the SC&T Youth Camp a highlight of the annual calendar for young musicians, tutors, and volunteers alike!
We do offer a limited number of tutor shadowing roles at the Youth Camp for newly graduated students/folk interested in working in community music so please do send us an email at email@example.com if you would like to be involved further.